Looking for something exciting to do this Fall?
Here's a whole list of things to do/try this Fall in Virginia!
1. Visit a pumpkin patch or apple orchard: Virginia has many farms that offer pumpkin picking, apple picking, hayrides, and corn mazes during the fall season. It's a great way to enjoy the beautiful autumn weather and bring home some fresh produce.
2. Explore Shenandoah National Park: Fall is a stunning time to visit Shenandoah National Park, as the leaves change colors and create a breathtaking landscape. You can go hiking, take scenic drives along Skyline Drive, or have a picnic surrounded by nature.
3. Attend a fall festival: Virginia hosts numerous fall festivals throughout the state, featuring live music, local food vendors, arts and crafts, and fun activities for all ages. Some popular festivals include the Virginia State Fair, the Fall Foliage Festival in Waynesboro, and the Fall Festival of Folklife in Richmond.
4. Take a scenic train ride: Several scenic train rides operate in Virginia during the fall season, offering a unique way to enjoy the changing foliage. The Virginia Creeper Trail, the New River Train Excursion, and the Buckingham Branch Railroad are some options to consider.
5. Visit historic sites: Virginia is rich in history, and fall is a great time to explore its historic sites. You can visit Colonial Williamsburg, Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (George Washington's home), or any of the numerous Civil War battlefields scattered throughout the state.
6. Go wine tasting: Virginia is known for its wineries, and fall is an excellent time to visit and sample the local wines. Many wineries offer tastings, tours, and special events during the fall season, allowing you to enjoy the beautiful vineyards and the crisp autumn air.
7. Attend a football game: Fall is football season, and Virginia has several college and high school teams that play games throughout the season. Whether you're a fan of the Virginia Tech Hokies, the University of Virginia Cavaliers, or a local high school team, attending a football game can be a fun and exciting fall activity.
8. Take a scenic drive: Virginia's countryside is particularly beautiful during the fall, with vibrant foliage and picturesque landscapes. You can plan a scenic drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Skyline Drive, or any of the state's scenic byways to enjoy the fall colors.
9. Go camping or hiking: Virginia has numerous campgrounds and hiking trails that offer stunning views during the fall season. Whether you prefer a leisurely hike or a more challenging trek, there are options for all skill levels. Some popular hiking destinations include Shenandoah National Park, Great Falls Park, and the Appalachian Trail.
10. Enjoy fall flavors: Fall is the perfect time to indulge in seasonal treats like apple cider, pumpkin spice lattes, apple pies, and caramel apples. You can visit local bakeries, farmers' markets, or cider mills to savor these delicious fall flavors.